The results of the forecasting study should be presented to users and beneficiaries.
The outcome of the technology forecasting project is presented in a live meeting with users and beneficiaries to ensure the proper delivery of the project outcomes.
- Prepare meeting room and equipment for the meeting:
- sound proof room, table, chairs, power sockets, electric extenders
- video-projector and necessary equipment if remote participants attend the presentation (quality of Internet connection)
- laser pointer, voice recorder, white board, markers
- comfortable conditions for attendees
- Agree before starting the meeting about time available for participants.
- Deliver the presentation, paying attention to the allocated time for the meeting.
➔ Before presentation: similar to other meetings, go ahead of time to the venue to make sure that the equipment are working fine.
➔ Materials for presentation include slides to be shown and slides which may be shown to support answers for questions.
➔ Encourage users and beneficiaries for questions from first minutes of presentation. Go to participative mode, rather than to ‘lecturing’ mode.
➔ During presentation: recordings of the meetings is highly recommended for future analysis.
➔ After presentation: meeting minutes with the actions items and people responsible to be sent to the users and beneficiaries; send only presented materials to attendees.
Atkinson, Cliff. 2011. Beyond Bullet Points, 3rd Edition: Using Microsoft PowerPoint to Create Presentations That Inform, Motivate, and Inspire. Pearson Education.
Ramadurai, B. 2014, How to Present Outcomes from a Technology Forecasting Project
Reports about case studies performed during FORMAT project
Melissa Marshall: Talk nerdy to me